- Daikon - here’s Aki’s recipe (although I do wonder who has plum vinegar handy in their pantry?)
- Apples - Sarah’s apple sauce recipe, gonna try it now.
I had great success with this breakfast recipe the other day, I adapted the time and quantities to suit for an individual. Easily double for a guest.
- 1/3 cup of FINE polenta (55g)
- 300mL of liquid (1/2 water, 1/2 milk works but you could also try with coconut milk or almond milk or any other combination of these)
- stewed/fresh/dried fruit - try rhubarb/strawberries/banana/cranberries
Place water and polenta in medium saucepan and turn on low heat. Continue stirring until thick and creamy. The cooking instructions on the packet are generally quite high, it should take about 10 minutes of continuous stirring.
Add the fruit or any other toppings you prefer.
Breakfast is served.
Polenta is a good source of protein and contains a shitload of Vitamin A & C and good amounts of folate.
Learning facts in adulthood that actually work to your advantage and don’t lie around useless in your head is such a great, free thrill. Yesterday I learned that you can blanche onions/shallots (probably garlic too but not sure) for about 30 seconds then douse them in cold water and then EASY PEEL! So great. Once I spent over an hour peeling shallots, never again.